Tour de Football
Calling cyclists of all ages and abilities – we need you!
Brain Tumour Research is proud to be working with key partners to launch a great new cycling challenge initiative,Tour de Football.
Running from Monday 1st May to Sunday 14th May, we’re recruiting a dream team to take on this challenge to tour England’s Premier League Football Clubs with a total distance of 556 miles.
The route is split into 13 stages varying in length from 98 miles (day one, Newcastle to Leeds) to 10.9 miles (day 14, Fulham to Wembley). Choose one stage, multiple stages or challenge yourself to complete the whole tour.
We’ll also be taking in a handful of non league clubs so check out our route planner and see if your team is on our itinerary.
- May 1st Stage 1: Newcastle United – Darlington FC – Leeds United - 98.7 miles – 8 - 9 hours
- May 2nd Stage 2: Forget Me Not Childrens Hospice shop - Marsden FC - Manchester City FC – 24.2 miles - 2.5 hours
- May 3rd Stage 3: Manchester United FC – Everton FC – Liverpool FC - 32.8 miles - 3 hours
- May 4th Stage 4: Stoke City - Hilton Harriers FC - Eastwood CFC – 55.8 miles - 4.5 hours
- May 5th Stage 5: Carlton FC - Notts County - Nottingham Forest – Leicester City FC - 34.8 miles - 3 hours
- May 6th Kings coronation day
- May 7th Stage 6: Leicester City FC - Wolverhampton Wanderers - 56.3 miles - 5 hours
- May 8th Stage 7: Aston Villa FC – Worcester City FC - 29.8 miles - 2.5 hours
- May 9th Stage 8: Northampton Town - MK Dons – Dash Couriers - Swindon Town - 92 miles - 8 hours
- May 10th Stage 9: Bournemouth AFC - Southampton FC - 30.6 miles - 2.5 hours
- May 11th Stage 10: Chichester City – Brighton & Hove Albion - 37.3 miles - 3.5 hours
- May 12th Stage 11: Crawley FC - Crystal Palace - West Ham United - 39.7 miles - 3.5 hours
- May 13th Stage 12: Tottenham Hotspur FC - Arsenal – Chelsea - 13.9 miles - 1.5 hours
- May 14th Stage 13: Fulham – Brentford – Wembley - 10.9 miles - 1 hour
Tour de Football will culminate at Wembley on Sunday 14th May to coincide with the end of the football season and there will be a rest day on Saturday 6th May to mark the King’s coronation.
You’ll be riding as part of a Brain Tumour Research Team alongside cyclists raising money for a host of other partner charities. The peloton will set off at 9am each day and you’ll be fully supported along the way. Registration is £10 per cyclist and minimum sponsorship is £274 for under 100 miles, £548 for 100 miles or more, and £3,000 for the full tour. Don’t worry if your target seems high – our dedicated fundraising team is on hand to help you smash it!
Register your interest now
Register your interest and one of our friendly Community Fundraising team members will be in touch.