Take on a Virtual Challenge
Take on a Virtual Challenge
Has the challenge event that you had been training for been postponed or cancelled? Or maybe you’re looking to take on a new lockdown challenge event?
We would be delighted for you to join our Virtual Challenge Event community and we will support you every way we can, and on completion of your event, we will send you a FightingForce medal and certificate of achievement.
Look no further: Join one of our new Virtual Challenge Events!
Hosted by our professional partners at JustGiving and supported by our new Brain Tumour Research #FightingForce Strava Club, this is a fantastic chance for you to keep on track and smash your fitness and fundraising goals for 2020!
You decide how far to run, from a virtual 5k to a full or half marathon over a number of days, or even challenge yourself to a regular distance each day, you could even decide to take on a cycling or walking challenge – the choice is yours!
On completing your challenge we will send you a virtual medal and certificate to share on social media - with real ones to follow as soon as possible too!
Our Strava club includes a leaderboard and chat so you can join our community and encourage and support one another along your journey.
In this new world of social distancing and staying at home, many people are turning to virtual challenges like this every day – they’re a great way to stay fit, banish boredom and by joining ours, you can help us keep our vital research working.
We look forward to welcoming you into our virtual #FightingForce team.
Why take on a virtual challenge event?
- Boost physical fitness and mental health
- Alleviate boredom and connect with others
- Positive attitude and raise money for a great cause
Three easy steps for success
- Sign up via our Just Giving Virtual Challenge Events Page:
- Simply click "Start Fundraising" to set up your personal fundraising page for your virtual event
- We’ll be notified and provide fundraising and training support for your virtual challenge, with lots of hints and tips to help you plan and achieve your challenge, and to help you maximise your fundraising
- Share on social media:
- Let your friends, family and colleagues know what you’re doing, and ask for their sponsorship. Keep everyone updated on your progress with pictures or videos of you challenge achievements step by step so they can cheer you on across the ether and continue to drive donations
- Join our Fighting Force Strava Club (optional):
- Strava is a great way to track your progress and training, and can be fully integrated with your personal fundraising page
- Once signed up, you can add your strava activities to your JustGiving Fundraising page so supporters and our team can see your training and virtual event results as you go
- Our Strava Club is also a new and exciting way for Brain Tumour Research runners, cyclists and more to connect to and support one another
Your efforts may inspire others!
We’ll connect you with others in our #FightingForce community also determined not to let the lockdown get in the way of a good challenge. We’ll share your updates on our social media so we can help maximise awareness of your heroic support, which will inspire others to donate or take on their own virtual challenge for us.
To complete your challenge safely, do not organise your challenge or training to take place within groups.
Virtual challenges can be completed over multiple days and multiple runs, there is no need to complete any challenge in any one exercise session. Do not spend more time outside than you would normally do in order to take on a virtual challenge.
Please be aware that long-distance running can lower the body’s immunity which, in turn, could potentially leave you more exposed to a risk of contracting COVID-19.
Always check the UK Government website for the latest advice.
Good luck and thank you for your incredible continued support!
For any questions about these events, please email our fundraising team and we’ll get back to you right away.