Help us fund the fight. Together we will find a cure.
Dive in to our Swim Challenge in August!
Join our new summer swimming challenge and raise vital funds for Brain Tumour Research to help find a cure for this devastating disease.
This is a virtual challenge that you can tailor to your ability.
Choose your distance from 2.5km, 5km or 10km, or pick another distance that suits you. Decide whether you’ll take to the open water or stick to your local swimming pool. Or you could do a combination of the two.
Set yourself a daily distance, spread your challenge throughout the month, or see if you can do the whole distance in one go. Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly or doggy paddle – it’s up to you!
Let’s make a splash to find a cure for brain tumours!
Get started by joining our Facebook Challenge Group today.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
It only takes a matter of minutes to get started. Just follow these simple steps:
- Register for your Swim Challenge in August by completing this short form so we know where to send your FREE water bottle (retails at £15) and printed kilometre tracker
- Then follow the onscreen prompt to “Submit and Activate Fundraiser”
Once you have set up your Facebook Fundraiser and received your first donation, your FREE goodies will be sent by our team of volunteers. Please allow 10 working days for these to arrive.
Remember to join our friendly Facebook Group here for further help on getting started and lots of support throughout your challenge.
Raise £274 to get a FREE special medal!
If you raise £274 (or more), you’ll also receive a FREE special medal in September in recognition of your amazing fundraising – so go for it!
Why £274? That figure represents 10% of the cost of a day of research at one of our Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence, which is an amazing achievement.
Raise £2,740 and you could sponsor a day of research at one of our Centres and have the opportunity to create a unique tile for our Wall of Hope. More information can be found here.
Our top fundraising tips
- Facebook recommends donating to your own fundraiser to get it started
- Use the ‘Invite’ button at the top of your Facebook Fundraiser to send it to all of your Facebook friends and invite them to contribute
- If you have a personal connection to brain tumours which you don't mind sharing, tell your story to inspire others to donate
- Ask your employer to match fund (double, triple, or quadruple) what you raise or give a set amount in your name (this is sometimes listed as an option to meet Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives within larger organisations, so it’s worth checking with your line manager/HR)
- Download an app or use a fitness watch to track your progress and share updates on your social media, whilst linking to your Facebook Fundraiser and asking for donations
- You can also use our graphics to show your progress whilst asking for donations
Download our donation graphics here and share them on your social media to ask your friends, family and colleagues to give what they can
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions about taking part in this challenge and fundraising for us, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please email SwimChallenge@braintumourresearch.org and we will do our best to help as soon as we can. We are a small team, so please bear with us. We really appreciate your support.