Captain Tom100 Challenge
Brain Tumour Research is joining the nation as we continue the fundraising legacy of Captain Tom to mark what would have been his 101st birthday on 30th April 2021.
Inspired by Captain Sir Tom Moore’s 100 laps of his garden, we are joining the nationwide campaign to encourage everyone, of all ages and abilities, to take on their own 100 challenge over the May bank holiday weekend 30th April to 3rd May
This could be following in Captain Sir Tom’s footsteps and completing your own 100 laps of a garden, park or field, or something completely different such as baking 100 cupcakes or doing 100 push ups. Why not tell 100 jokes? The choice is up to you!
What will your Captain Tom Challenge be?
Once you’ve decided what ‘100 things’ you will do, simply set up your Just Giving page and don’t forget to share with your friends and family. Set your target to £100 and see how much you can raise!
- You choose what ‘100 things’ you want to do - there are some ideas below if you need help!
- All your proceeds go to Brain Tumour Research as part of the nationwide campaign, supporting charities in Captain Tom’s name.
- The challenges will take place on the May bank holiday weekend 30th April to 3rd May
Captain Tom set out on 6th April 2020 to complete 100 laps of his garden before he turned 100 with an initial target of £1,000 to thank the NHS heroes working through the COVID-19 pandemic. He exceeded his expectations and raised an outstanding £38.9 million (including gift aid) as well as demonstrating gratitude for all key workers and inspiring others.
This year join us in what would have been Captains Tom’s 101st birthday by completing your own Captain Tom 100 Challenge.
Let’s keep Captain Tom’s legacy of hope alive for brain tumour patients and their families.
Ideas to get you started
Why not do one of the following or create your own 100 challenge idea:
- You could do 100 laps of your garden, just like Captain Tom
- Aim for 100 push ups, star jumps or squats and really test your fitness
- Bake 100 sweet treats and sell them to friends, family and colleagues
- You could climb 100 flights of stairs
- Set up a quiz night with 100 trivia questions - split each round into 10-15 questions and see who comes out on top!
- Can you do 100 goals or why not attempt 100 keepy-uppies if you are feeling sporty
- If you are feeling creative, try writing a 100-word poem or telling 100 jokes
- Are you up for 100 hula hoops or try skipping 100 times?
Don’t forget to post the link to your Just Giving page on all your social media pages and share it via email and WhatsApp asking for donations to help find a cure for brain tumours.
If you have any questions about Captain Tom’s 100 Challenge please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow all current Government guidelines as you take part in this challenge, you can find all of these on the Government website.