Recycling for Good Causes
Help us fund the fight Together we will find a cure
Donate unwanted items to raise vital, life-saving funds
You can recycle an array of items including unwanted watches and jewellery (anything from plastic beads to old broken gold chains); gadgets (such as cameras, games consoles, mobile phones, sat navs and MP3 players); old currency (UK & foreign) and used stamps.
All items received by Recycling for Good Causes are assessed and recycled by experts to raise the greatest possible funds for Brain Tumour Research.
There are a number of ways you can raise funds through Recycling for Good Causes:
Self-Pack - recycling small quantities
Help raise money for us by recycling unwanted items for free. You can recycle:
- Any jewellery – gold, silver, costume jewellery, watches, broken and damaged items (like odd earrings, snapped chains or items with missing stones)
- Any unwanted banknotes – old and new UK and foreign banknotes, including all the pre-Euro notes that are now worthless to you
Use your own envelope or jiffy bag, no bigger than A5 and no heavier than 2kg, and post free of charge by printing out this freepost label and attaching it to your package.
Simply pack, print label and send!
Recycling Project - sending larger quantities for recycling
If you have a large amount of items, or would like to collect more over a period of time, then a Recycling Project would be suitable for you.
You can recieve a free recycling sack to put your items in, and when it's at an acceptable weight (10kg), you can arrange collection, again free of charge, at a time convenient for you.
The following items can be donated in a Recycling Project sack:
- Jewellery and Watches – unwanted gold and silver, costume jewellery, in any condition (even if damaged or broken)
- Coins and Currency – any coins or banknotes, UK or foreign of any age (even if out of circulation/unchangeable)
- Mobile phones – any age
- Cameras – old or new; film, digital and video cameras
- Stamps – loose, single, albums, first day covers, presentation packs
- Gadgets (sat-navs, i-Pods, MP3 players, games consoles, games and accessories, tablet computers)
The Round Pound Appeal
The old, round £1 coin is no longer legal tender -- through Recycling for Good Causes, you can put them to good use and generate much-needed funds.
Simply contact Recycling for Good Causes and they will send you a specialised Round Pound Appeal collection envelope for Brain Tumour Research that can be returned free of charge.