Volunteer For Us
Help us fund the fight Together we will find a cure
Volunteers are vital to our charity - could you donate your time or skills to our cause?
There are many ways that you can help us as a Volunteer:
- Managing collection boxes across the country – download a full role description for Community Volunteer Collection Box Champion
- Helping out with street collections and bag packing days
- Working with our fundraising groups to help them run successful events
- Packaging up merchandise and fundraising materials to send to supporters
If you have a particular skill that you think could be of use to us, please let us know!
Why I Volunteer - Lorraine White
Lorraine decided to volunteer for Brain Tumour Research after finding out about the charity during her frequent visits to John Radcliffe Hospital with her granddaughter Shannon.
Shannon was diagnosed with a craniopharyngioma brain tumour when she was nine years old, 11 years ago. After seeing her granddaughter undergoing six operations and various treatments that left her blind, Lorraine is motivated to help Brain Tumour Research and raise awareness.
She sees brain tumours almost like a hidden illness. Lorraine explains: "If Shannon hadn’t had a brain tumour, we wouldn’t have known about this type of cancer or the charity’s efforts to fund vital research. Sadly, it is often only if you have a connection to the disease that you start to pay a close attention and strive to find more information."
Volunteering with Brain Tumour Research for five years now, Lorraine is an important and well-known member of the team. "I just love going over there! People are so nice," says Lorraine. "It makes me happy to see us making a difference. I’ve been with the charity for a long time and have seen it change and grow. Everyone is so lovely and know me and the family really well."
At the office, Lorraine does anything from filing to sending out t-shirts. She often helps the fundraising team and is a keen fundraiser herself. Lorraine and Shannon, along with Lorraine's daughter Paula, have also taken part in a number of events such as Wear A Hat Day, a Firewalk and the Grand Union Canal Walk.
At the moment, she is looking forward to celebrating Christmas with Shannon and doing more fundraising challenges to help raise awareness about brain tumours and the lack of funding into research.
December 2017Read more Show less
A true partnership!
As part of our commitment to our volunteers, we will:
- Aim to ensure your role meets your expectations
- Always treat you with respect, consideration and appreciation
- Provide information on role responsibilities so that you can carry out your role to the required standard. This includes adherence to health and safety, diversity, legal and data protection policies
- Provide training related to the role
- Agree activities to reflect the amount of time you have available
- Provide support through informal discussions or regular meetings (the level of support will depend on the role and location)
- Provide fair, honest and timely feedback regarding any concerns with performance and/or conduct
- Update you on how your contribution makes a difference
- Contribute towards a safe and respectable environment
For further details please contact Sharon Stevens, PA to our Chief Executive email@example.com