Together we will find a cure Donate
Volunteer For Us
Help us fund the fight Together we will find a cure
Volunteers are vital to our charity - could you donate your time or skills to our cause?
There are many ways that you can help us as a Volunteer:
- Managing collection boxes across the country – download a full role description for Community Volunteer Collection Box Champion
- Helping out with street collections and bag packing days
- Working with our Fundraising Groups to help them run successful events
- Packaging up merchandise and fundraising materials to send to supporters (based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes)
Why I Volunteer - Adam HolbrookBaker Adam Holbrook decided to volunteer for Brain Tumour Research after his brother Steve lost his fight against GBM brain tumour in 2016. Experiencing the far-reaching consequences of the disease first-hand and learning about the historic underfunding of research into brain cancer, Adam wanted to help where possible.
In the office, Adam undertakes various tasks, packing orders, stock taking and very importantly bringing cake!
Adam says that volunteering fills him with joy and optimism: “My general feeling about volunteering is pride and a sense of connection with my brother. I love helping where I can. Helping raise money with various private fund raisers, also, gives me great satisfaction that I can help in a little way.”
He wants Brain Tumour Research to make a difference, especially after seeing the support it gave to brother Steve and his family. He admits that volunteering can almost be therapeutic as it helps him deal with grieving. Also by doing this and sharing his brother’s story, Adam hopes he can potentially help other families hit by this devastating disease in the future.
A true partnership!
As part of our commitment to our volunteers, we will:
- Aim to ensure your role meets your expectations
- Always treat you with respect, consideration and appreciation
- Provide information on role responsibilities so that you can carry out your role to the required standard. This includes adherence to health and safety, diversity, legal and data protection policies
- Provide training related to the role
- Agree activities to reflect the amount of time you have available
- Provide support through informal discussions or regular meetings (the level of support will depend on the role and location)
- Provide fair, honest and timely feedback regarding any concerns with performance and/or conduct
- Update you on how your contribution makes a difference
- Contribute towards a safe and respectable environment