Just 1% of national spend on cancer research has been allocated to brain tumours
About the APPG on Brain Tumours
The APPGBT was established to raise awareness of the issues facing the brain tumour community in order to improve research, diagnosis, information, support, treatment and care outcomes.
The Secretariat of the APPGBT, Brain Tumour Research, is the Data Controller and Data Processor of the personal information that you provide when you sign up to receive communications from the APPGBT.
Any future use of the terms “us”, “we” or “our” is a reference to Brain Tumour Research and references to “you” are to you, the reader of this document.
How we obtain your data
We receive information directly from you if you are interested in receiving communications from the APPGBT.
If you are a Parliamentarian, we obtain your contact information from publicly-available sources so that we can contact you about the APPGBT or we obtain your contact information if you notify us of your interest in hearing about the work of the APPGBT.
How we use your data
We will use your information to provide you with invites to forthcoming meetings of the APPGBT and send you updates about the work of the APPGBT. In order keep you updated about the activities of the APPGBT, we record your name, email address, the reason for your interest in the APPGBT, your job title and your employer.
We will not use your information for any other purpose than to tell you about the APPGBT, exceptions to this being when:
- We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court;
- We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our people or visitors to our premises or websites.
How we keep your personal data safe
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, only authorised personnel are allowed to access user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep personal data only for as long as it is necessary to help us support the functions of the APPGBT. The APPGBT re-establishes after every General Election and so we will re-seek you consent to store and use your data within 3 months of a UK-wide General Election result being declared. If we do not receive a response, or you indicate you no longer wish to be kept informed about the APPGBT, we will delete your data by the end of this 3-month period.
If you have any particular questions about our data retention periods, please contact us at email@example.com
The legal conditions we rely upon to process personal data
If you are a lay member, we rely on consent to send you information about the APPG and you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a Parliamentarian, in order to contact you about the APPGBT, we rely on the fact that your
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR gives you more control over what happens to your personal information. Under this legislation, you have the right to:
- be given clear, transparent and free information about how your data will be used;
- access your personal data so that you can see how your personal information is being used by us;
- have your personal information updated and corrected;
- obtain and reuse the personal data you give to us for your own purposes;
- request that we permanently delete or remove your information where there is no “compelling” reason for us to keep it; and
- request that we don’t use your personal data for specific purposes and, unless we are under a legal or contractual obligation, we must respect your wishes
If you would like to exercise any of the rights outlined above please email us at email@example.com or write
Changes to this notice