Wear A Hat Day - 10 Hattastic Event Ideas
1. Coffee Morning, Ladies Lunch or Afternoon Tea - Ask everyone to wear their favourite hat - or tea cosy! - and make a donation for vital research.
2. Hat Hoopla – Persuade local businesses, friends and family to donate some tempting prizes, lay them out in a line, then test your aim; win the prize your hat lands on!
3. Big Hatty Bake Off – Whether you hold a hat-shaped baking competition or host a delicious bake-sale, sweet treats never fail to get the taste buds going and the donations flowing!
4. Pass the Hat – Equip yourself with a tall top hat or the like, and get everyone at work, in the street, shopping centre – wherever! – to fill it to the brim with coins or stuff it full of notes!? Set a minimum donation to maximise your hat-success!
5. Hat Quiz – Test your knowledge with our great selection of quizzes available to download from our Hatters Workshop.
6. #Hatselfies Photobooth – Get one of our special #hattastic photobooth kits and get posing! Invite everyone to join in and post your best #hatselfies to our Instagram gallery. Don’t forget to text donate at the same time – send HAT to 70660 to donate £5.*
7. Hat Walkabout – Get out into the great outdoors; set a route and ask your family and friends to join you in their favourite head-gear (the sillier the better!). Every step brings us closer to a cure.
8. Design Your Own – Schoolchildren love to get creative, designing and making their own #hattastic creations – think toilet rolls, pipe cleaners and lots of glitter. You could even stage a hat-walk fashion show, an Easter-bonnet-brilliant end-of-term event!
9. Famous Hats Film Night – Willy Wonka, Indiana Jones, Sherlock Holmes …just a few of the fantastic film characters who wear an iconic hat. Ask your friends round for a night of film watching and hat-wearing and ask for donations in lieu of a cinema ticket!
10. Secret Hat – For your Wear A Hat Day workplace event, make or bring a surprise hat for your nominated hat-wearing colleague on the day. Place bets on whose will be the most fashionable, imaginative, fun etc and donate some or all of the proceeds to our cause.
* Texts cost £5 plus network charge.
Brain Tumour Research receives 100% of your donation.
Obtain bill payer’s permission.
Customer care 01908 867200. Charity no. 1153487 (England & Wales) SC046840 (Scotland)