Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Brain Tumour Research are the only national charity in the UK focused on finding a cure for all types of brain tumours through campaigning to increase the national investment in brain tumour research to £35 million per year, while fundraising to create a network of seven sustainable Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK. Working effectively with diversity is an essential part of this mission.
Our Equality Policy commits us to ensuring that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training and development of staff on the basis of age, disability, gender including transgender, marital status including civil partnerships,
pregnancy and maternity, political opinion, race/ethnicity, religion and belief, sexual orientation, (socioeconomic background, spent convictions, trade union activity or membership, work pattern, on the basis of having or not having dependants,)
or on any other grounds which are irrelevant to decision-making.
Our Equality Policy takes account of relevant legal standards. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it in this area. We try to avoid unjustified discrimination which we recognise is a barrier to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights.
Brain Tumour Research is committed to:
- understanding, valuing and working constructively with diversity to enable fair and full participation in our activities
- ensuring that there is no unjustified discrimination in our recruitment, selection, performance management and other processes
- ensuring action that promotes equality
- treating individuals with whom we interact with fairness, dignity and respect
- playing our part in removing barriers and redressing imbalances caused by inequality and unjustified discrimination.
All staff are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with this policy. We also require that fundraisers, partners and suppliers be made aware of this policy and operate within it.