Help us fund the fight. Together we will find a cure.
The Tinsel Run
Take part in running or walking this festive fun run around the hills surrounding Llanidloes and #FundTheFight.
The circa 10k route over and around the hills that surround the historic market town of Llanidloes is open to all ages and abilities from budding trekkers to the ardent 10k’ers.
The route can prove challenging to the experienced 10K’er attempting to set the best time on the course, or a scenic hike for the rambler out there looking for a pre-Christmas trek, or simply an all-out fun session for those who wish to join-in and revel in the festive spirit in fancy-dress which the organisers encourage across the board – but don’t forget your Brain Tumour Research tops!
The scenic route will take you on a combination of Track, Trail and Minor Roads; with some wet / boggy terrain thrown-in to contend with; and will be supported along the way with intermittent manned Check Points at circa 2.5km intervals. Please note that the route is NOT hand-railed, which requires a level of common sense and the participant’s ability to navigate across such a course.
In the afternoon you can relax and enjoy the hustle, bustle and festive atmosphere of the pre-Christmas Market; or enjoy the fantastic pre-Christmas hospitality of the local Inns and Restaurants, to make your visit to the heart of the Cambrian Mountains a memorable experience.
Sign up, and then register with us to let us know that you have a place!
Joining this event as an athlete participating for Brain Tumour Research you will receive:
- A special Fundraising Pack
- A branded t-shirt or running vest
- Dedicated fundraising help and support, including any assistance needed in setting up your online fundraising page
- Access to a Facebook Group for sharing updates, useful tips on how to maximise your fundraising and smashing your targets!
- PR support where applicable and the opportunity to share story with us (if you want)
- A special finisher’s #FightingForce medal if you raise your minimum sponsorship
- Snacks and refreshments on completion
Minimum Sponsorship – £150
Distance – circa 10km
Fitness Level – Moderate
Event Start / End times – 08:30am start, 12:30 finish
Mob: 07983 946354