Help us fund the fight. Together we will find a cure.
2019 Virgin Money London Marathon
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the greatest marathon on earth! Since 1981, it’s become an iconic, world-famous event and — at 26.2 miles through the heart of London — it’s the challenge of a lifetime. An experience you’ll never forget and a story you’ll be able to tell your grandchildren!
Why not team up with Brain Tumour Research and turn your dream into reality? Take part in one of the world’s largest annual fundraising events and help us fund the fight against brain tumours.
Enter the public ballot; it opens on Monday 30th April, but be quick as it closes at 5pm on Friday 4th May. Further details will be available on the Virgin Money London Marathon website and results will be announced in early October.
We also have a limited number of charity places for the 2019 marathon and there’s a registration fee and a minimum sponsorship pledge for these. So, if you fancy pumping the adrenaline and having a go, please register below to receive an application as soon as they’re available.
If you’re successful in getting a place, we’d love for you to run on behalf of Brain Tumour Research. Please let us know and join our Fighting Force against brain tumours. We offer all our runners the same fantastic fundraising support to get you off to a flying start and over the famous London Marathon finish line:
- One of our jazzy pink running vests and t-shirts — brilliant for helping you stand out in the crowd
- Great tips and help in setting up your online fundraising page — to maximise your efforts and smash your target!
- Facebook group — for sharing updates, training tips and fundraising advice
- Eye-catching fundraising materials — to help you raise your profile and reach your sponsorship goals
- Cheer point support — our staff and volunteers welcome you and your supporters, join in the atmosphere of the day and cheer on our team
- Entry to our post-marathon party — with well-deserved food and refreshments to celebrate your amazing achievement
If you need any help or would like to volunteer at the marathon, we’d love to hear from you. Sarah, our Events Fundraising Manager, looks after our sporty supporters every step and every mile of the way. She’s happy to help with expert fundraising advice and materials so that you can smash your target and make your event a brilliant achievement.
Charity place registration fee: £100
Charity place minimum sponsorship pledge: £3,500