Swim for Hope and fundraise for Brain Tumour Research this October
Get together with your friends, family or colleagues and organise your own fundraising swim.
You can do as much or as little as you like – swim just once or really challenge yourself and swim every day in October!
Swimming event suggestions
Stuck for ideas on what you can do? Take a look at the suggestions below to kick start your event:
- Swim wherever and whenever you want at a time and place that suits you. Swim on one day, two days or every day in October.
- Get the kids involved this half term holiday. Challenge your little ones to smash their personal best or swim a new distance.
- Feeling brave and fancy swimming outside? Why not try something new and experience open water swimming?
- Swim solo and aim to beat your personal best.
- Hold a relay swim. Gather up your water-loving friends and swim as part of a relay team and cover an agreed distance over one day or over the month.
- Try swimming with friends and cover the distance of the Channel – that's 21 miles in total.
- Short on time? You could organise a lunch time or after work swim.
- Stand out from the crowd and wear fancy dress in the water - the brighter and bolder the better!
Remember to stay safe and swim within your comfort zone.
Top fundraising tips
Set a fundraising target
Create a JustGiving Page and tell the story of why you're fundraising. Set your target then aim to smash it!
Shout about it!
Use social media to spread the word. Create an event on Facebook, tweet about it and post photos on Instagram.
Remember to use #SwimforHope #Swimtober. Don't forget to send us your photos.
If you are a company taking part, why not speak with your HR or Line Manager and see if your company will match what you raise?
Use your network
Email your colleagues and friends and ask them to sponsor your swimming event.