How do I start a fundraiser on Facebook?
Facebook fundraisers are a brilliant way of raising money for Brain Tumour Research.
You can easily create your own in minutes and share it on your social media so all of your friends and family can help you reach your goal. What's more, unlike other fundraising platforms, Facebook don't charge us for using it. Every single penny you raise comes directly to us.
Facebook will automatically suggest setting up a Facebook fundraiser when it's near your birthday but there are lots of other occasions where you can create one to help us get closer to a cure.
Why not create a fundraiser at Christmas, for special events like your wedding, in memory of a loved one lost to this devastating disease, as part of our fantastic annual Wear A Hat Day campaign, or for any of your own fundraising events.
If you reach £2,740 on your Facebook fundraiser, you can sponsor a day of research at one of our dedicated Research Centres - join a tour of the lab, meet the scientists and learn first-hand about the latest research updates and place a special tile on our unique Wall of Hope. Read more about this here.
Or follow these steps:
- Click here to start setting it up (opens Facebook in a new window in your browser or the Facebook app if doing this on your phone or tablet).
- Set a low target to begin with e.g. £100. Then increase the target by small increments as and when you hit it.
- Set an end date – try 1-2 weeks (you can extend the end date if it’s going well, as long as it hasn’t ended already).
- Enter a descriptive title for your fundraiser and tell your friends why you are raising money, the more emotive your story is the better.
- Pick a relevant cover photo for your fundraiser – a photo of you for example.
- Click or press Create
- As your fundraiser is going, thank the people donating to it and ask people to share it on their own Facebook pages so more people see it.
Once it's all set up, don't forget to share it with your friends and family to maximise awareness and smash your targets!
We will automatically be notified when you've set this up, and you'll see confirmation and thank you messages on your fundraiser page from us.
When your fundraiser has closed, Facebook will automatically transfer the money to us.
If you have any questions please email us.