Cycle 274 Miles in August
Join our summer cycling challenge
Now in its third year, Cycle 274 Miles in August is a great challenge which you can complete at your own pace. Join in, enjoy the summer sunshine and raise vital funds to help find a cure for brain tumours.
Complete the simple registration form and set up your fundraising page via JustGiving to sign up. When you get your first donation, we’ll send your FREE fundraising pack including:
- A branded cycling jersey to wear for your challenge
- A printed tracker to tot up your miles throughout the month
- Fundraising top tips and a timeline to help you smash your target
- A copy of Believe Magazine packed with stories to inspire you
If you raise £137 – which represents 5% of the cost of a day’s research at a Brain Tumour Research Centre of Excellence – you’ll receive a special medal to commemorate your challenge.
Our top fundraising tips
- Donate to your own fundraising page to get it started – Facebook recommends this as a great way to encourage others to donate
- If you have a connection to brain tumours, which you don’t mind sharing, include this on your fundraising page and when you post about your challenge on social media
- Ask your employer if they will match fund what you raise or donate a set amount in your name – you could double, triple or even quadruple your total
- Use the ‘share’ button on your JustGiving page to spread the word about your challenge to everyone you know
- Share photos, videos and updates on your social media throughout your challenge – remember to include a link to your fundraising page and keep asking for donations
Why 274 miles?
We’ve set the challenge as 274 miles because £274 represents 10% of the cost of a day of research at one of our Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence.
If you raise £137 or more, which represents 5% of the cost of a day of research at one of our Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence, you’ll
receive a FREE special medal in September to celebrate your great achievement. So go for it!
Raise £2,740 and you could sponsor a day of research at one of our Centres and have the opportunity to create a unique tile for our Wall of Hope to commemorate your incredible achievement. More information can be found here.