Cycle 274 Miles in August
Join our new summer cycling challenge
Get out, enjoy the fresh air and raise vital funds for Brain Tumour Research to help find a cure for this devastating disease.
You can complete this virtual challenge in a way that suits you and at your own pace.
You could cycle the same distance every day or do different distances on different days. Spread your challenge throughout the whole month or challenge yourself to try to complete all 274 miles in a single week.
Cycle outdoors, on a static bike at home, or in the gym – it’s up to you!
Are you ready to get pedalling?
Get started by joining our Facebook Challenge group today.
Follow these three simple steps to get started:
- Set up your Facebook Fundraiser by clicking here.
Please edit the title to include ‘Cycle 274 Miles in August’ and change your end date to be the 6th September or your fundraiser will automatically close two weeks from the date you set it up.
- Register here so we know where to send your FREE cycling jersey and printed mile tracker.
Raise £274 or more? You’ll also receive a FREE special medal in September, so go for it!
- Share your Facebook Fundraiser
Share on your social media, by email and other platforms asking for donations from your friends, family and colleagues to help us get closer to finding a cure for this devastating disease.
Our top fundraising tips
- Ask your employer to match fund (double, triple, or quadruple) what you raise or give a set amount in your name
- Invite people to your Facebook Fundraiser using the invite button at the top of your fundraising page
- Donate to your own fundraiser to get it going (Facebook recommends this)
- If you have a personal connection to brain tumours and you don't mind sharing, tell your story to inspire others to donate and help increase your total
- Download an app or use a fitness watch to track your mileage and share your progress on your social media, linking to your Facebook Fundraiser whilst asking for donations
- You can also use our mile graphics to show your achievements and ask for donations
- Download our donation graphics here and share them on your social media to ask your friends, family and colleagues to give what they can
Why is it 274 Miles?
It’s 274 miles as £274 represents 10% of the cost of a day’s research, that is also why when you raise £274 or more you’ll also receive a FREE special medal in September to celebrate your great achievement, so go for it!
If you raise £2,740 which represents the cost of a day’s research, you’ll also be able to take a tour of one of Research Centres, talking to our researchers about their vital work you’ve helped to support whilst placing a personalised tile on the Wall of Hope to commemorate your incredible achievement (when restrictions allow). More information can be found here
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions about taking part in this challenge and fundraising for us, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help as soon as we can. We are a small team, so please bear with us - we really appreciate your support.
Please follow all current COVID-19 guidelines as you take part in this challenge, you can find these on the Government website.