Join Our Team
Just 1% of the national research spend has been allocated to this devastating disease
Work for Brain Tumour Research
Brain Tumour Research is an ambitious charity, passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and challenging the Government and larger cancer charities to increase the national investment for research into brain tumours to £35 million a year and bring parity with other cancers.
Our vision is to find a cure for brain tumours. Our mission is to build a network of experts in sustainable research at seven dedicated Centres of Excellence.
Following a year of change we are looking to grow our team in order to increase our contribution to the national investment in brain tumour research and to do more of our vital campaigning work in line with our 2025 strategy.
If you are passionate, energetic, professional and hardworking, and you think you've got what it takes to help us achieve our mission, then we would welcome your application for any suitable vacancies we have listed here. You can find out more about our philosophy and overall identity on our Vision, Mission and Values page.
If we have no suitable or current vacancies, then please revisit this page soon and in the mean time register your interest here.
If you would like to volunteer to help our cause, please follow this link for more information about volunteering with Brain Tumour Research.
Please note, in addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
PR Officer – Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with PR skills and a proven track record in securing media coverage to join an innovative and ambitious charity. As PR Officer, you will help ensure the charity is the leading brain tumour voice in the media.
Putting patients and their families at the heart of your work, you will drive awareness and help Brain Tumour Research acquire new supporters. You will also build loyalty with our supporters and their families, helping them to share their stories in the media and on the charity’s own channels.
Having responsibility for a specific region, you will work to ensure people in that region are increasingly aware of the charity and its activities.
Brain Tumour Research is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious charity. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK.
Location: Office based (currently remote working in line with govt. guidelines)
Salary: Up to £30k per annum
Full Time: 35 hours per week, based at Head Office in Milton Keynes
Reporting to the PR Manager you will:
- Raise the profile of Brain Tumour Research and strengthen the reputation of the charity through print, broadcast and online media, both nationally and regionally, in order to fuel the exponential growth of the charity
- Achieve individual targets and contribute to team targets agreed with the PR Manager
- Write and pitch stories in an engaging and concise way, promoting our key messaging and core campaigns
- Work closely with the Community Fundraising team in your region in order to strengthen existing relationships, develop new ones, and maximise fundraising opportunities
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to maximise reach opportunities
- Build communities through working with regional as well as national media so that Brain Tumour Research is top of mind when someone in a community is diagnosed with a brain tumour
- Respond to incoming media inquiries
- Track PR coverage
- Support and promote awareness and fundraising activities
- Write and proof-read press releases and case studies and, where appropriate, maximise coverage of each
- Conduct case study interviews and produce compelling human-interest stories and feature articles
- Ensure that central administration systems in place at Brain Tumour Research are complied with and that all information relating to contacts are correctly entered onto Brain Tumour Research’s database
- Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with
- Comply with Brain Tumour Research’s internal policies as appropriate
- Assist the PR & Communications team with any other tasks as determined by the Head of PR and Communications
Closing date: Sunday 31st July
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary to: Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.