Join Our Team
Just 1% of the national research spend has been allocated to this devastating disease
Work for Brain Tumour Research
Brain Tumour Research is an ambitious charity, passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and challenging the Government and larger cancer charities to increase the national investment for research into brain tumours to £35 million a year and bring parity with other cancers.
Our vision is to find a cure for brain tumours. Our mission is to build a network of experts in sustainable brain tumour research.
If you are passionate, energetic, professional and hardworking, and you think you've got what it takes to help us achieve our mission, then we would welcome your application for any suitable vacancies we have listed here. You can find out more about our philosophy and overall identity on our Vision, Mission and Values page.
If we have no suitable or current vacancies, then please revisit this page soon and in the mean time register your interest here.
If you would like to volunteer to help our cause, please follow this link for more information about volunteering with Brain Tumour Research.
Please note, in addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
Director of Marketing and Communications
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a forward-thinking charity and help achieve our exciting growth ambitions. This is a new role and we are looking for an energetic and inspiring Director of Marketing and Communications who will set the vison for the promotion of Brain Tumour Research fundraising activities and demonstrating our impact. You will be instrumental in helping us exceed the growth in income set out in our 2025 fundraising strategy and achieve our aim of establishing a further four dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK in the next five years.
Brain Tumour Research is an influential, game-changing, intelligent and focused charity embracing its fantastic supporter base across the UK. Despite the pandemic, Brain Tumour Research is determined to continue its growth trajectory. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through our Centre Strategy and increasing the national investment in brain tumour research.
Location: Head Office Milton Keynes MK5 6LB
Salary: c. £60,000
Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Growing the profile and reach of the Brain Tumour Research brand and delivering integrated marketing communication strategies which increase awareness and drive income growth through supporter recruitment and retention
- Maximising engagement with and inspiring our loyal followers, as well as reaching and delighting new audiences across all traditional offline marketing and digital channels.
- Upholding the brand through guardianship and leading the team in creating a strong brand identity, showcasing the organisation’s mission and brand proposition, building brand awareness and driving conversions.
- Increasing opportunities to communicate our achievements and impacts, influencing target audiences to engage in new fundraising initiatives, make donations, create partnerships and join our campaigning in order help us find a cure for brain tumours
- Inspiring, developing, motivating and leading a dynamic and effective marketing and communications team that can deliver diverse, innovative and cost-effective activities that support exceeding the organisation’s fundraising targets
- Being an active member of the leadership team. contributing to the overall strategic direction of the charity and representing the marketing and communications function at board meetings
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.