Join Our Team
Just 1% of the national research spend has been allocated to this devastating disease
Work for Brain Tumour Research
Brain Tumour Research is an ambitious charity, passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and challenging the Government and larger cancer charities to increase the national investment for research into brain tumours to £35 million a year and bring parity with other cancers.
Our vision is to find a cure for brain tumours. Our mission is to build a network of experts in sustainable research at seven dedicated Centres of Excellence.
Following a year of change we are looking to grow our team in order to increase our contribution to the national investment in brain tumour research and to do more of our vital campaigning work in line with our 2025 strategy.
If you are passionate, energetic, professional and hardworking, and you think you've got what it takes to help us achieve our mission, then we would welcome your application for any suitable vacancies we have listed here. You can find out more about our philosophy and overall identity on our Vision, Mission and Values page.
If we have no suitable or current vacancies, then please revisit this page soon and in the mean time register your interest here.
If you would like to volunteer to help our cause, please follow this link for more information about volunteering with Brain Tumour Research.
Please note, in addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
Director of Income Generation and Development
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a forward-thinking charity and help achieve our exciting growth ambitions. We are looking for an energetic and inspiring Director of Income Generation and Development who is not afraid to go for it and will spearhead the growth in income set out in our 2025 fundraising strategy, seeking to exceed targets always.
Brain Tumour Research is an influential, game-changing, intelligent, and focused charity embracing its fantastic supporter base across the UK. Having bucked the trend during the pandemic, Brain Tumour Research is determined to continue its growth trajectory. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and increasing the national investment in brain tumour research.
Location: Head Office, Milton Keynes. Flexible, Hybrid Working Model up to two days working from home pw. Attendance at key events across the UK is expected as is occasional weekend and evening work.
Salary: Circa £70,000
Full Time (35 Hours pw), Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of the fundraising strategy which seeks to build and improve existing income streams, accelerate the growth in under optimised and emerging income streams and invest in growth opportunities.
- Building a portfolio of high value fundraising streams – corporate, major donors and trusts.
- Developing innovative, enterprising, and effective fundraising and supporter care strategies, together with operational plans, that ensures income targets are exceeded and a strong pipeline is built to provide sustainability and predictability into forward income forecasts
- Inspiring, developing, motivating, and leading a dynamic and effective fundraising team that can deliver diverse, innovative, and cost-effective activities that exceed the organisation’s fundraising targets
- Being an active member of the leadership team. Contributing to the overall strategic direction
of the charity and representing the fundraising function at board meetings
- Growing and maintaining relationships with key volunteers and supporters, ensuring their needs are met and that they have the support and motivation to extend their volunteer contribution to achieve Brain Tumour Research’s aims
Closing date: Closed Sunday 3rd April 2022
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org