Join Our Team
Just 1% of the national research spend has been allocated to this devastating disease
Work for Brain Tumour Research
Brain Tumour Research is an ambitious charity, passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and challenging the Government and larger cancer charities to increase the national investment for research into brain tumours to £35 million a year and bring parity with other cancers.
Our vision is to find a cure for brain tumours. Our mission is to build a network of experts in sustainable research at seven dedicated Centres of Excellence.
Following a year of change we are looking to grow our team in order to increase our contribution to the national investment in brain tumour research and to do more of our vital campaigning work in line with our 2025 strategy.
If you are passionate, energetic, professional and hardworking, and you think you've got what it takes to help us achieve our mission, then we would welcome your application for any suitable vacancies we have listed here. You can find out more about our philosophy and overall identity on our Vision, Mission and Values page.
If we have no suitable or current vacancies, then please revisit this page soon and in the mean time register your interest here.
If you would like to volunteer to help our cause, please follow this link for more information about volunteering with Brain Tumour Research.
Please note, in addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
Digital Engagement Assistant – Full time
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to develop their skills within the world of digital and social media. As one of two Digital Engagement Assistants, you will work with cutting edge Facebook fundraising principles and technology, interacting with our supporters through our digital channels, primarily on Facebook and supporting systems, as you help drive new and exciting campaigns for the charity.
With a positive attitude and a desire to make a difference, you will deliver a fantastic experience to our supporters through a variety of digital interactions.
We’re looking for someone with a strong interest in social media and digital marketing. Along with excellent written skills, an eye for detail and the ability to present themselves authentically online. Crucially, you should also have a high level of empathy for the cause.
Through this work, you will learn skills that can help you develop your career within the charity.
Brain Tumour Research is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious charity. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK.
Digital Engagement Assistant
Location: Remote based (with occasional office working)
Salary: £16,500 per annum
Full Time: 35 hours per week. Including evenings and weekends rota.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will:
- Increase interactions on our social media, primarily within the Facebook Group, building buzz and excitement, igniting conversations, responding to questions, creating and posting social content, and managing admin elements that are required, in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Engagement team to ensure combined time is spent on the highest value areas
- Support other Facebook challenge fundraiser processes, including online messaging through our Facebook fundraiser system, to help maximise donations. Liaise with our CRM and fulfilment team where required.
- Monitor and respond accordingly to Facebook inbox messages, following a set of processes.
- Jointly manage the campaign email inbox and other related communications, responding to specific queries relating to the campaign whilst ensuring a fantastic supporter experience
- Report back on any issues and opportunities, including identifying ideas for new content to maximise the success of a campaign.
- Build knowledge of how the charity operates with a view to identifying opportunities to hand over to community fundraising, PR and other teams, that drive action and support wider charities objectives.
Closing date: Sunday 18th July
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.